Reasons people shop in Marks & Spencer

Monday, August 15, 2011


On Saturday we were talked into going to see a comedian called Sanderson Jones. We were talked into it by the man himself, who has instructed the Edinburgh Fringe box office to sell no tickets and instead is selling every one of his tickets personally

As you might expect from someone who has to personally talk people into buying tickets, his material - a manic mixture of Venn diagrams, penis jokes and beard sweat - could be a tad hit-and-miss. 

But if things are funny because they're true, then this pie chart was flipping hilarious.

13 boats moored

  1. Amazing! love a good venn diagram. And a Percy Pig, natch.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny that's not a venn diagram! That's a pie chart! A venn diagram is when you overlap circles...ok ok I can tell you've fallen asleep.

    I want this laminated and to stand outside M&S giving them out. It's SO TRUE. I only ever shop in there when it's pay day and even then the 2 for £6.50 on fishcakes (fishcakes!) makes me squeal. Who spends that much money on fishcakes? Een if they are Thai, and with a fancy dan sauce.

    And then I head to the checkout queue which is crammed with stuff that is designed to put you in an expensive sugar coma, and buy percy pigs because they're the only thing that will make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pah, they both have circles, they're both trying to make a point. Can somebody remind me why I failed maths again? Thanks!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmmmm Percy Pigs! *plans lunchtime jaunt to M&S*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or people shop there when they do the dine in for £10 which by the way isnt such a good deal when you CANT HAVE THE WINE included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I did not know what Percy Pigs were, had to google it. And now I feel like trying. I love gummies mmm.
    There is a "similar" department shop here and I love to eat there, their food and cakes are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to make a confession. I don't really care for Percy Pigs that much. Maybe because with all gummy sweets I end up eating loads and feeling sick?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha... great diagram!!! ;)Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  9. SANDWICHES! No where does sandwiches like M&S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like anyone who has a last name for his first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm I've never had a percy pig - I don't like those weird foam sweets.

    However, at the age of 29 I was ID'd at M&S, so I kind of love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true! Mark x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Percy Pigs (ESP the fizzy tails!) and totally agree about the M&S sandwiches...yum!

    ReplyDelete