International What Day?

Thursday, March 08, 2012


Me: "I have to write a post for International Women's Day to run on Any Other Woman and I have no idea what to write about. The topic is 'choices'. Any ideas?"

Fin: "Hmm. You could write about Smidgen?"

Me: "Erm..."


Yeah, so, seeing as how it is not actually International Write About Your Neurotic Pet Greyhound Day (more's the pity), I wrote something far more pertinent to the issues at hand; namely, internet memes and nail varnish. Naturally.

Any Other Woman is running posts every hour on the hour throughout the day and I believe mine is up RIGHT NOW, if you'd care to read it. You should hang around and read the other posts too. I'm sure they won't be as great as mine, obviously, but they'll probably be vaguely interesting. I've heard that some women can actually string multiple sentences together. Sometimes even into paragraphs! Whatever next? Dogs wearing glasses??


P.S. I randomly posted this at midnight last night. Consider it a little bonus extra, for all the international women in my life (that's you).


Glorious image by Hana Pesut - see the whole series here. It was a toss-up for me between the glasses and the pink mini sombrero. Tricky.

4 boats moored

  1. I am really liking this, and your writing. It made me postpone my breakfast by about 20 minutes! Happy International Women's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy International Womans Day! It's a great post Kirsty - well done

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post over there (sorry am being quite rubbish with fever and cannot figure out how to log in there) and your post here. And the one there reminds me of confusing people in class at uni as I was talking about how inequality was still real and I had been working with a girl who's family could not know she wanted to be educated. They asked where, expecting I guess some far flung place, the whole room dropped into stunned silence when I said "Reading". I'll try to figure out how to log on and join in the debate. Or sit in a feverish state convinced there are spiders on the wall. One or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write About Your Neurotic Pet Greyhound Day... that should totally be a day!! (And it was a most excellent post... I was proud!) x

    ReplyDelete