Happy Blogiversafriday

Friday, January 24, 2014

Dancing ladies gif

Today is the third anniversary of my first ever post. I had intended to write something funny or profound or at least interesting to mark the occasion, but I couldn't summon the energy. So, instead, here is a spectacularly awesome gif by Laurene Boglio, the queen of spectacularly awesome gifs.

Once, when Fin and I first moved in together, to our tiny little flat with a sloping roof that meant he could only stand upright in 50% of the floor space, I burst into the living room wearing my black, slightly saggy gym swimsuit and, out of nowhere, proceeded to give him the worst rendition of the Single Ladies dance that has ever happened. It was, as you can imagine, hilarious.

That hasn't really got much to do with anything, other than I seem to have misplaced that youthful, exuberant silliness, both in real life and in blogging, and I'm not sure where it went. Might have to send out a search party.

In the meantime, thanks for sticking with this blog for the last three years. That applies to myself, too.

SEE ALSO:


Image by Laurene Boglio

16 boats moored

  1. It will come back, mine usually does at the most inappropriate moments, but sometimes that's no bad thing either x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversafriday! Glad you're still hanging around these parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have excellent taste in gifs. I agree with Amy that silliness has a way of popping back up. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY DAY! I'm glad you here. Also, I stared at this gif for longer than I'd care to admit (scrolls back up to stare some more).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I know I've been reading less than a year, but I have read every entry. Love you to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary. Don't ever feel any pressure to blog. Better little and awesome than tedious masses. And yours are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belatedblogiversary ;) That gif is pretty much everything awesome about the internet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy blogiversary! Laurene certainly DOES make good gifs - just spent the last 15 mins of my working day perusing her website, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary! x

    www.charlotteswebblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am late here, but happy anniversary... you were one of the first blogs I started really following and also one of the ones that inspired me to start :) Hope you are well these days,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this gif. I am only sad I took so long to see it and to wish you happy blogaversary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gif... and happy blog anniversary lady (even if I'm late saying it!) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on 3 years. Blogging can be tough. Glad you kept at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahah love the gif!
    hope you had a great anniversary :)

    rosemary

    ReplyDelete